Feeling like a new woman

I am on my 4th week of recovery and I couldn't feel more like a new woman

The treatment plan the chiropractor gave me has been doing wonders for my health and well being! It's really been incredible to see the progress as each week passes. 

I'm starting to see that my posture is much easier to keep straight up without much effort. My yoga practice has improved immensely, I can finally go into downward dog without pain in my hips or lower back. I no longer need to keep reminding myself to stretch because it's become such a habit that I do throughout my day now. 

I am in HEAVEN. Or almost there. I still have 3 weeks left until I finish my treatment plan and get to see the changes of my spine through x-rays that will hopefully look like a 27 year old's spine. 

The exercises that I have learned for my posture have been incredibly helpful along with all the knowledge I am gaining from this experience.

I AM A NEW WOMAN! 

Truly though, if you could have seen me when I first walked into the chiropractic office and compare that to me now. You would be SHOCKED!  

So one of the exercises I have been given are as follows:

Start with your arms extended straight over your head and squeeze your shoulder blades together like you are trying to hold something there. Do that for 15-30 seconds. Rest. Then do the same thing just a few degrees lower. Rest. And keep going until your arms are almost touching the side of your legs, making sure to rest in between sets. 

This exercise really helps with keeping your posture in check and I truly believe everyone can benefit from them. 

Do it while you're sitting at your desk, before starting a workout or are checking your completion in front of the mirror. 

After a week of doing this daily you should notice a difference in your posture

I sure did. And it only took me a day to realize how well it worked. 

Comments