This Is Me

I know it sounds so cliche but it makes me want to scream, "THIS IS ME"!!

I'm finally at a place in my life where I am beyond happy, incredibly happy, so happy I never thought I could live this happy of a life.

Not only am I in the most incredible relationship I've ever been in and have a partner in life who gives me everything I need and more, I've also found something that gets me excited to wake up every morning and be my best self. Something that uplifts me everyday and tells me I AM WORTHY. Something that keeps me in check to stay healthy and fit, to stay conscious and careful, to listen and be patient. THIS IS YOGA.

I have been a yogini for over 8 years, I would say. But something was holding me back to live yoga to the fullest. My life style. My life was a bit chaotic and I liked it that way, at the time. It was fun going out with friends to bars and clubs and dancing our asses off, it was fun to be lazy and watch endless amounts of television, it was fun to just live life and be in the moment. But I was lacking something, passion.

This is what yoga gave me. I'm finally ready to get out of my comfort zone and experience life as it was meant to be lived, for me. Because everybody leads a different life style but here is mine.

From my last post you can see how this might have changed my outlook on living life, I was in pain and life was not fun! Now I am finally feeling like a living person again and I am going to be making some changes.

I decided to attend a yoga academy this July with one of my best friends, man am I beyond lucky to have such a great friend with very similar interests! She was the one who actually presented this adventure to me and I am so grateful for her because this is changing my life in the most positive way.

So we are traveling to Thailand together to spend a month in Chang Mai, living the yoga way. There, I will truly get a sense of what it means to live yoga to the fullest.

Living yoga to the fullest. Let me explain this a little..
Yoga was meant to be lived as a lifestyle, not to be just another exercise. The asanas (postures) are only one part of 8 limbs or steps of yoga.

So to truly understand yoga and how it can help you and others we have to dig a little deeper than just attending a local class. There is so much more to yoga than what we see in the U.S. 

And that is why I am taking this journey, To learn the true and authentic ways of yoga.

I learned this when I researched the yoga academy my friend and I signed up for. When I read about it, it all clicked. THIS is what I want, THIS is yoga, THIS will be my life going forward.

So I jumped in! And I couldn't be more excited, I've finally found something that I am passionate enough about to spend a good amount of money towards educating myself while learning how to live a pure and fulfilled life.

This is an excerpt from one of BKS Iyengar's books I have been reading and it really hit home.


"The person who practices yoga regularly will not become a victim but a master of his or her circumstances and time. The yoga practitioner lives to love and serve the world. This is the essence of life. Peace within and peace without, peace in the individual, in the family, in society, and in the world at large."

THIS IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE. I love that. THIS IS ME.

So if you want to follow my journey down the dirt road into a world called yoga, keep reading my blog! I will be posting more throughout my trip and beyond.

Comments